My mom keeps telling me that I should write down all the stuff I am experiencing because it will be fun to look at years from now or show to the baby when they are having a baby... so here is another pregnancy update!. I know this is a crazy long post, but there is some funny stuff in here and I want to remember it all. Since my memory is non existent right now, if I don't write it down it will be lost forever...
My sickness has FiNaLlY started to fade for the most part. I don't have that nauseating feeling all day long so I am loving that, but when I do get sick it comes fast and out of no where.
Story: The other night I took my pre-natels and immediately felt the I might puke feeling. Of course I was doing everything I could to hold it back because I had just taken the pills and I didn't want them to come up. So I walk in the bedroom making sure I am within steps of the bathroom and of course right at that moment Marc comes in wanting to wrestle. He tackles me down on the bed and I said, "no please don't I feel like I am going to throw up." He of course thinks I am kidding and that I just don't want to wrestle. So he keeps at it... I said again "seriously please, not right now." Again, he thinks I am kidding... and then right at that moment it hits me, it's coming up!. So I said "I am not kidding, move" and got this ultra strength to through him off. Which for how much bigger he is than I am, is not easy, but it seemed easy. I made it a few steps and blaaah!. Let's just say I aimed for the toilet, but just wasn't quite there. So after I am done dry heeving I reach for the T.P. to clean up and what do I find, 1 square!. Of course right? So I called to Marc to please grab me another roll, he peeked his head around the door like a puppy dog in trouble and threw it into the bathroom. Then I hear him say "I am so sorry, I really thought you were kidding." Let's just say since then every time I say I am feeling like I might yack, the wrestling ends there. No questions asked.
Now, onto another subject!. Lets just say that although I am not spending as much time face down in the bathroom doesn't mean I have lost my BFF friendship with the porcelain. Never in my life have I had to go to pee so often!. I will tell you the worst part about it though, when you lay down for a nap or wake up in the middle of the night I have this crazy pain from holding back. Like I haven't gone to the bathroom in weeks right, so I run to the bathroom (or I guess I should say waddle) sit down thinking I am about to turn on a faucet and a few tinkles come out. It's like UGH!. I can't believe I just woke up and got out of bed for that!!. But you know you had no choice at the time. Marc has started to think it is funny that my bladder is a water-balloon always about to pop. He will come in and sit down by me and loves to rub my belly and pat it. He is convinced the baby has to have that little wrestling moment every so often to turn out OK and I think it is cute he wants to play with the baby, but sometimes I have to warn him to be careful because I have to pee. So he will slowely stand up like is is being all sweet, then jab a few pokes at my bladder and then get this grin on his face. Yesterday was one of these experiences. He was jabing and I said, you better be careful because one of these times you are going to be doing that all in fun and a little pee is going to come out. He immediately stopped and stood by like I had just defiled all words and said "GROSS!" So last night I was laughing and telling my mom about it and she said "I can't wait until he is adjusting a pregnant woman and she pee's a little. At least you are his wife, imagine how gross it will be then!." hahaha!.... Bravo mom!. Wish I would have thought to say that.
Story: As I am getting ready for bed last night I put on my PJ's, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, walk to the bed, lay down and have to go to the bathroom again. I just know the baby is laughing on the inside thinking 'Gottcha sucker'
Memory: I can't remember ANYTHING. Seriously, if I don't write down what I am thinking at that exact moment I could walk in another room and forget what I walked in there for. Post it notes are my new life savers. It's no wonder women have kids over and over because they can't remember what it was like to be pregnant. :)
Ok last topic, but not least for this post. My dreams!! Oh my goodness, my dreams! They are SO weird!!. On top of all the dreams I have about people I have not seen in YEARS, we're talkin' like high school days I have been having dreams about animals too. Mostly baby animals. There is no rhyme or reasoning to any of my dreams, but here are two I remember about the baby animals...
1st dream: I was in a field feeding these alligators or something ducks. Like long necked ducks. Well, we ran out so we were searching for more ducks to keep feeding the alligators. I saw this shape under the dirt that looked like a duck neck so I started to dig it out, but it wasn't a duck. It was a baby rino!. The horn on it was the part I thought was the duck neck. So I kept digging and this rino was preserved by the dirt (like Austin Power style), but as soon as I dug it out it came back to life. Since it had been frozen for so long it didn't have a mom or dad so I had to take care of it. We became super close and the baby rino was always afraid I was going to leave it because it was different than I was and I had to assure it I would never leave it. Then the baby rino started to grow up and people stopped letting us travel places and go in stores, so we always had to stay home, but I kept to my promise. I never left it!. I remember I even woke up and was like oh crap! I have to go back to sleep, I promised the rino I wouldn't leave it!! haha
2nd dream. Last night I had a dream about a baby bear. (this dream is graphic, viewer descression is advised) I was at my mom and dads house in Kanab. This baby bear got lost and came to our house. It looked like a skunk kind of because it had a while stripe. I had to take care of this baby because it didn't have anyone else to. My family was buying a big screen TV and was all about unloading it from the truck so they didnt care that I was helping the baby bear. So a long time went on where I cared for this baby, then it's mom came. She was BIG and MEAN! She came to my mom and dad's house and broke through the glass in the front door. She started roaring at my brother Bryan and he just stood there, she was standing over him and I gave him a gun, because she was going to attack him. He couldn't shoot her. So he handed the gun to me. As I saw her coming down with her paw to strike Bryan I shot. It hit her right in the chest, but didn't kill her. She jumped back out the door and ran across the street. All the sudden the baby I was taking care of and another baby she had who had come with her ran up to her in her arms. They knew she was hurt really bad and I started crying because I had hurt the mom of the baby I loved. Luckily a man in a lime green shirt came across them and took the bear away to get help. I woke up crying!!
So this is what pregnancy has brought to me at 17 weeks. Less nausea, more bathroom breaks, crazy dreams, longing desire to find out if it's a boy or girl, debates about baby names, laughing more, questioning if what I am feeling is the baby moving, major body self esteem issues, major memory issues and tight clothes!.
(sorry for any typo's, spelling issues or grammar problems I typed this in a hurry!!)
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
20 hours ago





The joy of being pregnant! ha You should do a picture on the same day you found out each month. For a scrapbook or something! I did that and just have to get it in a book! It is soo crazy how crazy pregnancy makes you sometimes. I vote you are having a boy!!
ReplyDeleteYour mom is right, your going to be SO happy you wrote all this down some day. I've vowed to be much more detailed when I get pregnant again, poor kendall.
ReplyDeleteI had the crazy dreams too... They really can get so bizarre! I'm so excited for you guys!
Oh and I think after all was said and done, I peed my pants a little at least 4 or 5 times.