Monday, November 8, 2010

Vacation Please...

I have been struggling lately with wanting to go on a cruise!!. Each time I think about it I fight for both sides.

Reasons to go:
-Once the baby comes vacations will never be the same for us again. I am excited for this change, but also sad to leave care free childless vacations behind.
-Marc will be out of school and was actually excited by the idea. One last vacation.
-Starting next year I get an extra week of PTO added to my benefits and lets face it, I could use some time away from my job.
-Going will let a load of stress off both Marc and I. We could use a week of just fun. No work, no school.
-Possibility of regretting not going on one last hoo-rah before such a big change.


Reasons not to go:
-We are preparing for a baby! That is EXPENSIVE!!! Not only to have the baby, but to have the stuff the baby needs once it is here and to support it for the next 18 years. (When I think of this aspect it seems dumb I even have the desire to go at all)
-Could it be miserable? I know everything I hear and all the books I read say that at this time in my pregnancy I will feel the best I will feel throughout the whole thing and even though I do feel better there is still the off chance I may be very uncomfortable or sick.
-Did I mention it would cost money? Money we have to put towards this baby coming?


I keep pushing the idea out of my mind because lets face it, we are not going. We can't spend money on a cruise when we are already overwhelmed with the cost of all the baby stuff, but for some reason the thought keeps popping back into my head. **This is your last chance, do it while you can**

3 comments:

  1. You need to go! You will never have enough money to get ALL the baby stuff.. and the baby doesn't need that much, b/c by the time you do get all of the stuff you will have figured it all out w/o all the 'stuff' for the baby. AND you will regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Kaisi, I will recommend that you GO!!! Just do it!! You will be soooo happy that you did and you won't even worry about the one or two things you couldn't buy for the baby right off the bat. You really have no idea how much it changes your life FOREVER to have a baby, and you will NEVER have this time with just you and marc again. just do it! It is so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say at least do some type of vacation. Even if you didn't want to spend that much money on a week cruise you could always take a few days go stay in a hotel take a coastal day cruise or something. Just go relax and enjoy your time together, because lets face it, once this baby gets here "there is no we, there is only baby" haha :)

    ReplyDelete