
So last night for dinner I made BBQ Chicken. It was a recipe I saw on another friends blog, so I thought we could try it. (Thanks for the idea Chels, it was delish) Anyways, as some of you know we are FiNaLlY moved into our new apartment! When we were moving in I wanted to re decorate just a little. So I chose the living room and our new bathroom to makeover... Our table used to have a red tablecloth, I changed it to a white tablecloth with blue place mats. Last night was our first sit down meal in our house, so BBQ chicken is the first meal we have had at our newly decorated table. Knowing my hubs and his nature of spilling, I said "Honey, please please please please PLEASE don't spill on the brand new table cloth." He said "Well I never spill on purpose" I said "I know, the chicken just has BBQ sauce and it will stain so PLEASE be extra careful tonight and scoop over your place mat/plate okay?" He laughs and says "Okay, but no one has white tablecloths because everyone spills" I told him "Honey, grownups with no kids get to have white table cloths because they can avoid spilling. Plus we have place mats for extra protection" So after this long conversation of pleading him to be extra careful we proceed to bless the meal. After the prayer he goes to pick up the plate of chicken, drops the fork off the plate right smack dab on the brand new table cloth!. BBQ sauce everywhere... My eyes dropped wide open in realizing what just happened as I frantically started looking for a napkin to hurry and clean up the damage as best I could. In doing so my elbow hit my glass of milk and spilled it all over the table as well. So I guess Marc was right, lick that finger and tally one up for him on the wall. UGH, I HATE TO LOOSE, but I guess EVERYONE spills!!!





Josh and I are cracking up right now. That would totally happen to us - I'd be the lecturer, it'd be an accident, and then I would finish it off. Perfect! Can you still cover it with a placemat? Do it if you can...keep that beautiful white table cloth until the kiddos come, cuz the whole house becomes "accident central". We know. We're potty training!! :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! That is hilarious! It does look really cute without the stain...maybe you can cover it up or scrub bleach into it... LOL! It only gets worse with kids...which I think you should be working on seeing how you have been married for over a year now....lol!
ReplyDeleteThat is hillarious! Children are just a disguise! Whenever me or boomer spills at a restaurant (or even at home) we make sure and blame it on one of the girls! It's much easier that way! Nobody's perfect that's what makes life so much fun!!
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahaha. you just made my day from that story! you guys are so funny. I love the new table decor by the way ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL sooooooooooo funny!I love it!!!!
ReplyDelete