Thursday, April 15, 2010

MOVING....

Well, we finally are out of our 1 bedroom and into our 2 bedroom!. I FREAKING LOVE our new apartment. Just being here makes me a happy person. :) Anyways, packing the 1 bedroom seemed to take forever. I started early so I could de-junk, but I couldn't seem to force myself to clean off the porch. (where most the de-junking needed to happen) I just knew there were spiders out there lurking. I put it off until the day before we moved and finally woMAN'd up and got out there. First box, two spiders!. YUCK!!!!!!!!! That had nothing on what I was about to find though...

We have this Cat that sun bathe's on our porch everyday. About 2 or 3 days before going to pack the porch Marc and I were sleeping and we heard this loud wrestling noise with screeching. Marc went over to the window & this cat was wrestling with a Raccoon. This Racoon jumped up on our railing & Marc said it looked like it had a rat in it's mouth crazy right? Well, we didn't see the cat much after that night..

So back to packing... our porch was decent sized and we had a little cubby where we had a bunch of our full boxes, filled with camping stuff, Christmas stuff ect.... A few weeks before moving I got a bunch of free boxes, so I stacked them out there in front of these other full boxes. I had been taking them 1 by 1 as I packed, but now that I was trying to clear out the full boxes so I had to move the empty ones out of the way. As I moved them I let out the biggest scream EVER... behind these boxes there were two dead baby kittens!. It wasn't a rat in the raccoons mouth, IT WAS A KITTEN! Poor Marc was sleeping when I let out this scream, but he came out and took care of it.... I knew there was a reason I didn't want to pack out there....

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That is awful! I had no idea Racoons ate kittens!! haha

    ReplyDelete