Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day 2012!.

This Valentines Day was awesome!. I firmly believe you should show the people in your life you love them everyday, but what an amazing holiday to be able to celebrate your love for each other!. We had to think outside the box this year since we now have a sweet little baby celebrating Valentines with us. As far as gifts go, I think we were all satisfied. Sadie got her daddy a cute card and wrote him a little note (compliments of my left handed penmanship) Marc got 14 days of valentines surprises. It was fun to make them, but even funner to give them to him each day. (I found the idea on Pinterest, of course) and He also got a new scale. He has been asking for one for a while. Then Marc really out did himself by getting me an AT HOME massage! That's right, the lady comes here. How much easier can it get for working/stay at home momma! Love it and cannot wait to use it!. As far as dinner goes, we decided to combine efforts with our besties out here in San Jose. They have a little munchkin as well. Katie and I cooked dinner and we sent the boys away with the kiddos while we decorated. It was fun transforming our living room into a love shack! The boys came home right on time, we put the kids to bed and the celebration began.

You would think that is the end of the story, but nope!! Sadie, the most perfect baby decided not being included in the Valentines feast was not ok! She cried and cried. We kept trying to give her, her bottle, but she wanted nothing to do with it. After going in twice I went back in to give her, her pacifier and she had yacked EVERYWHERE!! That is not an exaggeration, her shirt was drenched, pants drenched, puddles underneath her, dripping out of the bottom of the swing, all over her chin, even coming out of her nose!. Happy Valentines dinner right?. I think we had literally taken like 2 bites of food before we had to battle our little sickling. Marc was such a sweetie calming her down and taking off her clothes while I cleaned the swing and floor and got her re-dressed. Our poor guests were to sweet to eat without us so they sat there just waiting while we cleaned everything up. Seeing her so sick like that broke my heart! I just wanted to cuddle her all night long, but she finally took her bottle (or what was left of it) and fell fast asleep for the rest of the night.

Dinner was great, games were fun and the cleanup took about 1/20th the preparation!. Here are some pictures from our date and the printables from Marc's gift. Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!

Our yummy dinner!.
Dan, Katie, Marc and myself!.
This idea was fun, if anyone wants to do it for V-day next year I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment