My brother and his wife Sarah had another adorable baby, Jackson Blais Crosby. They are living in Texas now while my brother attends law school, but they came out to California to bless the new little guy. I am so happy that Sadie and I were able to go down and spend some quality time with our families we miss so much even though we did miss Marc while we were gone.
The first 6 days we spend with Grandma and Grandpa Grow in San Diego. We had so much fun. Sadie got to swim in their pool, she dunked for her first time and Grandma even bought her a new floaty. She also got lots of new clothes that I cannot wait for her to grow into.
While we were in San Diego, Sadie and I had a girls day with Christine. It was so fun. We went to lunch, we went shopping, we randomly decided to color our hair. That's right... I am officially a brunette now. I love it and Marc loves it too, so thanks again Christine for coloring it. I am also loving my new clothes. We spent two days in that shop and I am already wanting to go again!.
Cortney flew into San Diego on Friday and after some shopping and dinner at Islands with Ryan and Christine we loaded up the car and headed for Anaheim Hills. We got to the hotel late, and by late I mean 10:30 (man I feel like an old fart for thinking that is late, but it's true) Soon after my mom and brothers arrived. We stayed up even later laughing about nothing of course, but it was great to see everyone even though we were crowed in a 2x4 room that smelt like death.
Saturday was a pretty crazy day. I finally got to meet my new little nephew Jackson and play with Hunter, who is HUGE by the way!. We got to go to John's Creditable Pizza and the car shop. We also go to go to a wedding reception and the hospital. That's right... the hospital. Sadie took a spill off the hotel bed (Uncle Luke didn't know she could roll yet) She checked out fine, but we just wanted to make sure everything was good. Sadie had so much fun with Grandma and all her uncles and aunts. (Since we have been home she has had a hard time adjusting. I guess that's what happens when you are held 24-7 for a week straight by everyone who loves you so much!)
Sunday was great! My dad came for the blessing, so that was fun for Sadie to be able to spend some time with Grandpa Crosby. Bryan gave a great blessing. Hanging out after the blessing seemed to fly by and before we knew it, it was time to hit the road to get back home to daddy!.
It was so good to see everyone. I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the week/weekend went great. I would do it again in a heartbeat (despite how much I hate California traffic) Hopefully we get to see everyone again around Christmas time.
I really dropped the ball and only got one picture all weekend, but I thought it was a pretty great picture. I just wish Marc had been there to be in it....





No comments:
Post a Comment