Thursday, October 21, 2010

Million Dollar Baby!.

I have SO much to tell you about the doctors appointment yesterday!. Okay, for starters Marc and I have been in auto pilot mode this week.. He thought I would remind him about the appointment and I thought he remembered, so Tuesday night came and he asked me when it was. When I said tomorrow and he about had a heart attack. He had already committed to a High School Hockey game and there was no way out of it. So leading off from that can I say... You don't realize how many looks your going to get until you go to the doctors office with a cup of pee in a brown plastic baggie without your husband & you forget to put on your wedding ring! :) haha... SO AWKWARD!!.
So I always have a million questions I want to ask the doctor, but always forget each time I go to the doctor's office. There was a pretty long wait yesterday, so I took some time and wrote all the questions I could remember, which was like a whole whopping 4 or 5. My memory is REALLY bad right now.
Onto the nurse, Emily... She calls my name and brings me back to my room. She always gets straight to the point and throws me on the scale 1st thing. As of yesterday I am down 6 lbs since my first appointment. Which is weird because my upper body feels SO much bigger than before. So then Emily totally suckered me into getting a flu shot!. I was strong last appointment (when Marc was with me) I said no way jose! This time I caved... Live and learn, no mare apt's without Marc! :) The shot didn't hurt as bad as when I have gotten blood drawn, but last night and today I feel like I got sucker punched in the arm. It is SO sore I can't even lay on my left side. That was the first and only flu shot I think I ever want. The things I'm doing for this baby already!!.
Okay, now onto Dr. Eckland. Ohhh how she missed Marc. First thing she asked me was where he was. They have this little bond since she doesn't have to dumb down the medical terms for him. She did her 3rd and final ultrasound, which I was sad Marc wasn't there to see. It was bitter sweet though because she explained everything to me as she was looking this time instead of me usually staring at the ceiling and then getting a quickie version. I could not believe how much the baby had changed! It actually looked like a baby this time!. The legs were all sprawled out like it was laying out in the sun catching some rays!. :) Totally my baby, comfort all the way! Then she asked me the question I was DYING to know! "Do you want to know the sex of the baby" UGH... YEAH!!! She laughed and said it was still really early, but if she saw she would tell me. So then she moved the stick down to my lower left side. She was moving it around a bit then she started jabbing my stomach with it. She said when she first went down there the baby was spread eagle, but quickly crossed it's legs. So from what she saw, with it being really early and only getting a quickie look she **THINKS** it's a girl!. I will not be surprised if we go the the fetal specialist and it ends up being a boy, but it was kind of a thrill to hear what she thought!.

Where we are now... we will go to a fetal specialist to find out the sex of the baby for sure between 18-20 weeks. I have to go get more blood drawn next Thursday & Marc has to come with me to get his blood type tested. Also, I was told I have to get Marc into a pharmacy to get his flu shot now that I got mine. Wish me luck with that... My sickness has FINALLY started to fade. I am still really tired a lot, but that I can handle! I am a pro at sleeping! I am excited for my fam & Marc's to be joining us for Thanksgiving in a few weeks and hope I can get the energy to do a solid clean on our house before they get here.

Well that is our grow family update... Now look at our beautiful baby below!! SO stinking cute. :)




3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting to see the baby actually look like a baby! lol! We can't wait for you to actually find out for sure the sex of the baby! Thats the best to start putting together the nursury! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe....yay!! I thought you would have a girl for some reason, but I am excited to know for sure! And now that your sickness is almost over, you can enjoy the best part of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when are we going to see some pregger pictures huh? I'm sure your the cutest preggo EVER!!! Wish we could see you guys.

    ReplyDelete