Thursday, December 16, 2010

Choose Not to Be Offended...

Yesterday I was a pretty big grump. It was one of those days where everything was going wrong and making me more and more upset as time passed. Friends, Family, Work, just everything. Marc came home and talked to me for a while and told me to quit worrying about things, that if I were not prego I would not even be thinking twice about these things that had me all fired up. Of course being in the mood I was in, I thought he just can't relate.
You are all probably wondering why I am writing about a bad morning/afternoon I had yesterday. Well... it all hit home today when I was talking to a co-worker about our unborn baby girls. His wife is due in March. We were talking about names, setting up the nursery ect.. He randomly asked me if I had heard the talk from David A. Bednar in 2006. I can't remember what we had for dinner Tuesday night, so of course I said no. He sent me this link. It was a talk titled "And nothing shall offend them" As I read this talk one paragraph stood out to me...

"It ultimately is impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me. Indeed, believing that another person offended us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else."

Can you say wowza... this co-worker that I rarely talk to just happened to be reading this today and sent it to me. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. All the sudden I realized everything I had been upset about yesterday was because of my choice to be upset. So, I am writing about it because I don't want to forget it. I am sure this is something that will help me through many, many situations in my life. AND... who knows, maybe it will help someone else today too!

On another note... I am so excited to go to San Diego with Marc tomorrow!. I just love his break times and seeing him be able to let loose and have fun instead of have to study all the time. He really deserves it from all the hard work he puts in. I know he is thrilled to spend the holidays down there with his family and friends and that makes me even more excited!.
Now, I need to go pop some Martinilli's in the freezer so we can celebrate the end of Quarter #5 when Marc gets home.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me we ALL have those days or moments where we get offended. But like the talk says it is our choice to get offended and I truly think that if we give in and let ourselves get offended or hurt that is one point for the adversary (satan). I've seen so many times people get offended by something someone said at church and have left the church because they chose to feel that way. Going through certain things in my life a bishop told me that it is my choice to be happy or sad and we shouldn't let the other person be inferior over you. It really has helped me do so much better about just brushing it off when I think that it was their choice to a jerk and it is my choice to decide how I'm going to let it affect me. Pregnancy makes ya feel weird and do weird things too so just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaisi, You are so cute! That is a great quote. I'll have to read the entire article. I bet you guys will have an amazing time with his family for the holidays. We are trying to do both...and its gonna be a ZOO!! :) Oh well. We'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete